Farnborough Air Sciences Museum
What’s at the Museum?
This cupboard, situated in the entrance hall of the Museum in Trenchard House, was used as the first photographic darkroom by the Royal Flying Corps in 1912. It was used by Air Mechanic FC Victor Laws who was seconded from the Coldstream Guards to the RFC not only as a mechanic but also a photographer. He was soon put in charge of the photographic section of No 1 Squadron and continued in the field of aerial photography, becoming the aerial photography expert in the RAF and known colloquially as the “Father of RAF Photography”.
It all started here!
The shop located in the FAST Museum is a valuable source of income for the Trust. The shop stocks a range of publications, photos, models and toys.
The range of stock in the shop has been expanded recently and includes books on Cody, Pyestock and the RAE, plus many donated books covering a wide range of aspects of aviation.
For an extensive range of aviation related items, you can also visit our online shop.
MUSEUM OPENING HOURS
Saturdays, Sundays and
Bank Holiday Mondays
10.00am - 4.00pm
The 2023 Wind Tunnel Tour Season is now CLOSED but the waiting list for 2024 is OPEN. The 2024 Wind Tunnel Tour Season runs from 31st March to 27th October 2024. Details at Wind Tunnel Tours>>